Childhood is a beautiful time of our lives and they say that a happy childhood is essential for the development a strong and confident personality. Our childhood and teenage life impacts the rest of our lives. Although we all have great memories of that time but sadly, not every aspect is something we want to remember. In a youngster’s life there are some moments and feeling that leave a scar for the rest of lives. Such memories are painful no matter how long it has been. Today, we’ll be listing top ten worst feelings in a youngster’s life.
10. When Parents are Separated
One of the worst feelings for a youngster is when his/her parents are separated. People don’t realize just how badly that impacts the child. It can cause, self esteem issues, stuttering is speech, lack of ambition and in the worst case such people can be violent towards others as they grow up.
9. Death of Pet
Having pet friends is the greatest feeling in the world of a youngster. That bond between you and your pet is precious and priceless. However, most animals don’t have a lifespan as long as us humans, so unless you have turtle or something, your pet will say goodbye to you at some point. Death of a pet deeply impacts a young mind and is something you never truly get over.
8. Being Bullied
Bullies are everywhere and we face such people at work, school, and in some cases your bully can be in your own house (Mom, Dad, Siblings). While being bullied is indeed a very bad feeling, but what’s worst is when no one does anything to help you. They just ignore and move on. At that moment, just feel helpless.
7. No More Toys
Part of growing up is getting rid of your toys. Not that you don’t like them anymore, it’s just that they failed to bring you joy as time passes and you grow up. Throughout your things that bring you joy will keep changing their shape and form. Holding your favorite action figure and realizing it doesn’t make you happy anymore is not a great feeling.
6. Losing Your Friend
The most sincere and pure friendships form between youngsters; so losing your best friends is very painful experience. It doesn’t matter how it happens (friend moves, dies, grows distant), the bottom line is that losing a friend is one of the worst feelings. In such cases, the support of your family is highly important, otherwise, it may take a long time for you to feel normal.
The feeling of being in love is the most beautiful thing in the world. You truly feel like you’re on top of the world but when you are so high above, falling down is as painful as it gets. When you’re in love at a young age, getting over it isn’t as easy as it is later in life. The good news is that this isn’t the end of the world and overtime things will get better.
4. Harsh Words from a Loved One
Parents and siblings love and support us but often they say things that break our heart. Hearing hurtful words from a loved one can be a painful feeling for a youngster. Similar words from strangers don’t really bother us but when something like this comes from a parent, sibling it hurts us to our core. Same is the case with friends, and they too can say things that are equally painful.
3. No Guidance
Being a lone wolf at a young age isn’t easy. Without proper guidance you make too many mistakes and those who don’t learn from them fail at pretty much everything in life. Feeling lonely and having no one to guide you in life is a feeling not many can cope with. Such people find I hard to make sense of life and often fail to find their purpose and goal.
2. Seeking Approval from Parents
You work hard, get good grades, and even manage to get a part time job to earn money for yourself at a young age. However, your parents still don’t think you’re good enough and expect more. Someone who gets 90% marks but if his father still wants to know what happened to the remaining 10%? It could cause certain complexes and can highly affect self esteem. It could take a long time to understand that you’ll never be good enough for your parents and you need to stop seeking their approval.
1. Realizing Your Childhood is Over
At the top of our list is a feeling that everyone one of us can relate to. That moment in which you realize your childhood is now behind you and you’re entering a new phase of life, is the worst feeling. That innocence and carelessness just fades away with time, you’ll never get it back. Thus begins a long journey back to your maker! There you have it, our top ten worst feelings of a youngster. You can share your experiences and stories with us in the comments below.